What are the symptoms a wisdom teeth cause?
Wisdom teeth, while they erupt, cause some teething symptoms as what we experience as a baby. The area may feel a pressure-like sensation and achy. Some may also encounter slight discomfort in the region of the teeth and on the outer part of their ears.
The potential and more common symptoms of impacted wisdom teeth include:
- Stiffness of the neck
- Pain or discomfort
- Bad breath or unpleasant taste
- Swelling and bleeding gums
- Swollen lymph nodes
Why removal of Wisdom Teeth Sydney suggested the most?
- The partly erupted wisdom teeth will be covered by a bit of flap of gum which is called an operculum. This will invite food and plaque, which are difficult to remove.
- Once the third molars start erupting, they are open to bacteria and food particles like any other teeth, which means they are susceptible to tooth decay as your other permanent teeth.
- If the wisdom teeth become decayed, you will feel toothache, but only after the decay grows quite large.
- Untreated decayed wisdom teeth can eventually become abscessed, leading to further swelling and pain. The infection can cause difficulty opening your jaw, inflamed lymph nodes, and bad breath.
- The hard-to-reach and clean wisdom teeth invite plaques which can lead to gum disease.
- Impacted wisdom teeth can cause the adjacent teeth to decay.
- Partially erupted or erupting wisdom teeth can develop a cyst. A cyst is a fluid-filled sac that can be identified with a full mouth x-ray. A cyst, if left neglected, can erode the jawbone and damage adjacent teeth and nerves.
Seek dentist help if you develop any of the explained symptoms. He will check you and suggest if you require an affordable Wisdom teeth removal cost Sydney.
Should I undergo Wisdom teeth removal Sydney?
Not all wisdom teeth are taken out. If your third molars usually erupt, acting functional, you can keep them. Your dentist assesses your wisdom teeth as a part of your routine dental check-up. He will advise extraction of Wisdom Teeth Sydney if any symptoms show a possible impaction or pathological condition connected with them.
But remember, most people who have had not removed their wisdom teeth in their teens face complications in the future. So the dentist mainly suggests their removal for a healthy life!