A General Idea About The Process Of Extraction
There are different levels of extracting a wisdom tooth and, it may vary from one patient to another. The standard procedure followed is -
- A cut is done within the gum-tissue, which exposes the tooth and the bone.
- Then, the bone is removed to access the root of the tooth.
- At times, the dentist may divide the tooth into multiple sections to make the removal process easier.
- Again, the dentist stitches the wound.
- Finally, Gauze is placed on the extraction point to control bleeding.
These are the general procedures followed by a dentist to extract the wisdom teeth. However, the complexity of the process depends on the patient’s health and the tooth condition.
How long does it take to recover from the surgery?
- Approximately, it takes about five to seven days to recover from the wisdom teeth removal surgery.
- It takes about three to four weeks for a complete healing in the gum area.
- Antibiotics prescribed by your dentist will help to heal faster.
Post -Operative Instructions:
Bleeding : You might expect certain amount of bleeding after the surgery and it is common. Don’t panic if it bleeds, place a gauze pad over the area and bite it firmly.
Swelling : You will experience swelling around the mouth and it is a common symptom. Swelling gradually reduces in a day after the surgery.
Pain : You may expect pain or discomfort following the surgery, but you can manage it by taking pain killers prescribed by your dentist.
Diet : Stick to a liquid diet, but do not use a straw. The sucking motion might cause pain and bleeding on the operated area. After a day of your surgery, you can consume chewable food.
Wisdom teeth removal cost In Sydney
Dental care is not subsidised by the Australian government, unless you are suffering from a chronic disease. Most of the health insurance plans cover the wisdom teeth removal procedure, but beware the plan covers only the part of the cost. If you opt for an affordable wisdom teeth removal in Sydney, the following are the prices you might have to pay without an insurance plan.
• For simple wisdom teeth removal with no complexities, the cost will be $225-$250
• Wisdom teeth removal for all four wisdom teeth will be $970
Choosing an affordable dental care provider does not mean they lack in quality, they provide an excellent dental care for all. However, you should search all the options available on the internet to discover a certified dentist who offers cheap wisdom teeth removal in Sydney with a complete dental care even after the surgery.