What immediately after the removal of wisdom teeth?
- Once wisdom teeth are removed, the dentist will place a gauze pad on the surgical area. This gauze pad should be kept for at least half an hour after the procedure then remove and discard.
- Touching the surgical area or rinsing your mouth vigorously just after the procedure should be avoided. Because this can dislodge the blood clot formed in the site, causing bleeding.
- Take the pain medications prescribed by the dentist as soon as you start to feel any discomfort. Discomforts usually begin when your anaesthesia becomes diminished.
- You should also restrict your regular activities at least for one day after wisdom teeth removal. You can resume your normal routine after you start to feel comfortable.
- You can keep ice packs on the sides of your face where wisdom teeth removal is performed.
Some bleeding is normal after the removal of wisdom teeth. Oozing, slight bleeding or redness in your saliva is also common. However, if you experience excessive bleeding, you can wipe your mouth with an old cloth or place a gauze pad on the surgical area and bite it firmly for some time until your bleeding stops. Also, bite on a wet tea bag. The tannic acid in the tea bag can promote blood clotting. Call your dentist for further instructions if bleeding doesn't stop.
Swelling is normal after the wisdom teeth removal procedure. Swelling around the cheeks, mouth, sides of the face and eyes are normal. Swelling is a result of your body reacting to the process. Using ice packs, you can minimise swelling. If jaw stiffness or swelling persists for many days after wisdom teeth removal, there is no reason to panic. This is common after the procedure.
For pain after wisdom teeth removal take the tablets as directed by your dentist. The prescribed pain medicines can make you groggy and slow down your reflexes. Any discomfort and pain after the surgery should minimise day by day. If pain exists longer, it might require attention from your dentist.
After IV sedation or general anaesthesia, you should start with liquids. Drink from a glass and don't use a straw. If you use a straw, the sucking motion can cause Dry socket. You can eat anything soft by chewing away from the surgical area.
Food rich in protein and calories should be taken. Nourishment should be taken regularly. Prevent dehydration by drinking a lot of liquids. The food intake will be minimised for some days, so make sure you drink ample liquids. If you continue to eat, you will have more strength, and you will feel better, you will feel less discomfort and heal faster.
After the wisdom teeth removal, you can heal faster and feel better in just a few days following a few instructions. If you are concerned about wisdom teeth removal price Sydney the good news is the cost of wisdom teeth removal is much affordable. Get your wisdom teeth removed now and flaunt a beautiful and healthy smile.