Wisdom teeth removal Sydney - Recovery Tips:
There are a few simple steps to take to promote optimal healing and reduce discomforts so that you can recover from wisdom teeth removal surgery quickly. Here are few tips to keep in mind.
- Stock the right beverages and foods before the procedure: Liquids are recommended for the first 24 hours after getting wisdom teeth extracted. Juices are a good option, and so are smoothies. It is vital to drink something regularly to keep yourself hydrated and also to promote healing.
- Avoid drinking hot beverages for the first week, and don't use a straw while drinking. Although a straw might seem like the right choice, the suction created by it can dislodge the blood clot resulting in a dry socket.
- Have few pillows on hand. after wisdom teeth removal, your body will direct so much energy for the healing process. Your body can naturally focus on recovery and healing if you take it easy. It would help if you kept your head elevated to reduce discomfort and swelling. Also, avoid strenuous exercise for a few days and plan your wisdom teeth removal surgery in such a way so that you can spend a day or two to relax completely.
- Do not touch the incision site. While it is suggested to rinse the surgical area with salt water, you should also remember not to pressure or touch the surgical area. Just a gentle swishing is enough to prevent food debris from collecting around the area.
- Keep your mouth moving: After cheap wisdom teeth removal Sydney, it is common for your jaws to feel stiff. However, to prevent long term soreness, you must open close your mouth gently from time to time not only to reduce stiffness but also to improve circulation, which can aid in healing.
- Stock ice in hand: You should apply ice packs on the wisdom teeth area over the cheeks to minimise discomforts, bruising, and swelling. Be cautious not to apply ice directly on your skin use an ice pack. Repeat after every 20 minutes.
- Take the pain relievers as directed. Your dentist will prescribe pain-relieving medicines after wisdom teeth removal. Make sure you take the medication as directed. Some pain relievers can be addictive, so you should follow the dosing directions appropriately.