- Drink plenty of water: Tap water which is treated with fluoride prevents cavities. It can prevent about 25% of tooth decay in kids and adults. This fluoridated tap water, when used, strengthens the tooth enamel, making it strong and resistant to tooth decay. You may look up to use a filter, if you are not sure about the quality of your drinking water.
- Limit the usage of Sugar: Taking too much of sugar is not good for the body too. Your teeth will have some bacteria which are attached to the teeth in a thin layer. It is also known as plaque. When too much of sugar is taken in, it reaches the bacteria, which turns the sugar into acid and spoils the enamel, causing tooth decay.
- Limit the consumption of snacks: Frequent snacking – chips, chocolates etc., creates a favourable environment for the formation of cavity. It boosts up the bacteria in the mouth also. So, cut down the snacks and start eating healthy fruits and veggies. Use a mouthwash after every meal as it will help clear the bacteria in the mouth.
- Regular Brushing and flossing: It is a must! Kids must brush at least twice a day. Flossing should be done once every day. This will help the mouth stay away from plaque.
- Avoid sharing food and drink: Cavities are contagious! Bacteria from one mouth can be passed on to the other user. So, it is better to avoid sharing foods and drink with kids.
- Regular Dental Visits: We might brush & floss regularly and be under the assumption that our tooth is safe, but we might fail to notice a grey area which is slowly occupying our teeth in the form of cavity. An expert Dentist who offers wisdom teeth removal in Sydney at low cost can easily identify if there is any cavity developing in your mouth. So you should never miss a dental appointment!
Making your kid sitting at the dentist for a cheap wisdom teeth removal in Sydney could be your dreaded dream. This is because, your child might not have followed a proper oral hygiene habit. You would have tried every type of motivation from bribing to threatening to brush their teeth twice every day. Yes, kids dislike flossing more than adults. But to have a healthy mouth, it is mandatory that these good oral habits are instilled in them. Good oral health gifts the child with a confident smile. It protects their self-esteem too. Good oral health maintains the long term holistic health of the kid. Poor oral health is linked to various diseases like – diabetes, heart disease. Inspire your kids to take care of their teeth by themselves as this will help them for a lifetime. Protecting your kid’s teeth from cavities is easier now. Here are a few tips:
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before Proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriate qualified health practitioner.
Dr Paulo Pinho is the director of Wisdom Teeth Professionals and works in collaboration with oral surgeons and dentist to provide safe and low Wisdom Teeth Removal Cost.