Overview Of Wisdom Teeth:
Wisdom teeth are referred to as the any one of four third molars in the permanent adult teeth. Wisdom teeth often grow in sideways, crooked, or otherwise misaligned. As they grow in, they flip on another tooth, which causes problems of overcrowding and misalignment for them as well.
Treatment For Wisdom Teeth:
Wisdom tooth extraction is the most common treatment for the pain and other dental problems caused by the wisdom teeth. The tooth extraction process is done at a dentist office under local or general anaesthesia. If there are any complications, it will be discussed before the extraction procedure. If the wisdom tooth has already erupted through the surface of the gums, they can be removed easily. But the removal process of impacted wisdom teeth can be little complicated.
Procedure Of Wisdom Tooth Extraction
- An incision is made through the surface of the gum above the tooth,
- Next, if any bone covering the tooth will be removed,
- Afterward, the tooth is extracted.
- At times, your dentist may need to cut the tooth into several pieces to salvage as much bone as possible to avoid unnecessarily cutting other bones and delicate tissues.
Cost of Wisdom Teeth Removal Sydney:
Even though the cost of dental care in Sydney is high, and most of the Australians could not afford for it, many dentists offer affordable wisdom teeth removal in Sydney to make it available for patients who avoid dentist altogether. The following are the average cost of wisdom tooth removal in Sydney and it may vary from one location to another location.
- For tooth extraction due to damage caused by wisdom teeth ranges from $150-$350
- For simple wisdom teeth removal procedure without any complexities range from $225-$250
- For surgical wisdom tooth removal procedure where complexities are found during initial assessment ranges from $250-$375
- Removal of all four wisdom teeth will not cost you more than $970
Nowadays, dentists’ advice the patient’s to remove their wisdom teeth before they cause any problems to oral health. Do not ignore the dental problems caused by wisdom teeth, find the dentist and get it removed as early as possible. Wisdom tooth extraction is a common procedure and is likely to be the best solution to escape from pain and other symptoms.