- Dental Carries – This is also known as tooth decay. It develops when the plaque that has been building up begins to act on the tooth breaking down its surface. As the decay advances, holes are left in the tooth and this can actually affect the other teeth around it. Sometimes when the tooth has decayed really badly, it can necessitate cheap wisdom teeth removal Sydney.
- Periodontal disease – this is also known as gum disease or gingivitis. The cause is the plaque that has built up around the impacted tooth. It releases toxins that can cause the gums to be irritated, become red, painful and swollen. Periodontal disease also can affect the surrounding bone and teeth leading to more problems.
- Pericoronitis – The accumulated plaque can also cause the soft tissue around the impacted to tooth to have an infection. This leads to pericoronitis.
- Abscess – This can be a very painful condition and often leads to wisdom teeth removal Melbourne. It is when pus begins to collect around the wisdom teeth in the gum tissue because there is a bacterial infection.
- Cellulitis – This is also caused by bacterial infection but this time the infection is in the throat, tongue or cheek.
- Benign growths and cysts – On very rare occasions, having an impacted tooth that did not break through the gum can also lead to a cyst, which is a swelling filled with fluid.
Wisdom teeth Melbourne can be removed using a fairly simple procedure. Usually, it is under local anesthesia so that the area can be numbed. You may feel pressure as the tooth is being extracted since the surgeon will need to rock the tooth this way and that before finally pulling it out. Sometimes there is a need to cut the gum or the tooth may be extracted in pieces. It is important to enquire about wisdom teeth removal cost Melbourne ahead of time so you can have the payment ready.