When these issues are already affecting your oral health, then an affordable wisdom teeth removal price Sydney is the best solution. So, don’t panic! Stay calm, there’s nothing to worry about if you follow the best oral practices. Here are some simple tips that can speed up your wisdom teeth removal process.
1. Stay aware of Dry Socket – After the completion of your tooth extraction process, your body will work out to heal the wound by itself. For this purpose, it will form a blood clot at the extracted area to protect the bone and tissue that lies beneath it. It is very important to keep this blood clot in place, as it will cause severe pain if dislodged. This condition is called as dry socket. Hence, the dentist will offer a gauze pad to bite down after the surgery, and ask you to replace with a new set of soaked gauze when it’s time to replace.
2. Keep your Head Elevated – The dentists usually suggest keeping the body elevated in 45 degree angle with many pillows. This procedure is considered to help one recover faster from a wisdom teeth surgery, as it increases the flow of blood, which will heal the wound faster.
3. Place Ice Packs – Ice is said to reduce the inflammation. So, apply ice in the surrounding areas of extracted site. But, don’t place ice pack in the area for more than 20 minutes. Never apply heat to the surgical area, as it will increase the pain.
4. Stay mindful of your Diet – After the wisdom teeth removal, avoid eating hot food or beverages for that day, to allow proper healing. Likewise, you will have to stick on to soft foods for a few weeks. The dentists warn you from chewing food by using the molars at the back of your teeth, especially on the surgical area.
5. Rinse with Salt Water – Hold on! You must rinse your mouth only after 24 hours of the surgery. After every meal you have, rinse with lukewarm salt water to eliminate the food particles from the socket. This procedure will not only clean up the area, but also kill the bacteria and aid as a natural painkiller.
6. Follow your Dentist’s advice – After the wisdom teeth removal process, your dentist will offer you with necessary medications and guidelines. Take in the pills as advised and follow the instructions appropriately for a quick healing.