When the wisdom tooth grows, the jaw-line will not have enough space. Hence, the erupted teeth remains buried or it grows right under the skin of gums. Such partially impacted wisdom teeth can create problems by retaining back the food particles, causing gum inflammation. Further, this situation might get even worse, leading to infection with severe pain and swelling. This is the reason why you need to remove the erupted wisdom teeth.
The first course of treatment involves in prescribing a set of antibiotics. However, the problem may subside for a while and can emerge again. Therefore, the permanent cure to the impacted teeth lies in wisdom teeth removal at Sydney with the help of an experienced dental service provider.
The Wisdom teeth removal process is carried out at a clinic or hospital. The procedure starts by administering local anaesthesia which makes the gum area numb and you cannot feel anything during the surgery, but don’t worry you will begin to sense the feeling in a couple of hours after the surgery. In some cases, the procedure is carried out by giving general anaesthesia, but it purely depends on your health condition. You can speak with your dentist before the process.
What is the process involved in extracting the wisdom teeth?
- A small incision is made in the gum to access it.
- The tiny piece of the bone covering the teeth is removed.
- The teeth may be cut into smaller parts to make the removal process easier.
- You may feel some pressure before pulling out the teeth because the dentist needs to widen the tooth socket by rocking the tooth back and forth before taking out. You will feel only light pressure, and there is nothing to worry about it your surgeon will take care of it.
- On complete removal of the teeth, the tissues are stitched and cleaned up.
- It takes about 30 minutes to finish the surgery, and it may vary from person to person
- Surgeons prefer to extract only one tooth at a time in one sitting.
- Avoid rinsing your mouth with water for 24 hours
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol
- Avoid hot and cold drinks
- Avoid strenuous physical activity
- Visit your dentist as instructed for the review
- Do not avoid the tablets because it helps to heal faster and escape from pain
Where to find the best wisdom teeth removal surgeon?
Sydney wisdom teeth removal provides you with an affordable oral surgery without sacrificing the quality. Removal of wisdom teeth in Sydney is cost-effective and gives you a permanent relief from pain and infection. Don’t hesitate, call your dentist and fix your appointment today.