When is Wisdom Teeth Considered Problematic?
When wisdom tooth is partially erupted, it leads to a number of problems to your dental health. Some of such problems include the following:
- Wisdom tooth is impacted: Wisdom tooth grows in the back of your mouth. If it cannot fully erupt due to lack of space, it causes pain and other issues.
- Wisdom tooth grows at a bad angle: When wisdom tooth doesn't have enough space to fully develop, it will incline at an angle and disturbs its adjacent teeth. This will lead to a level of pain and discomfort, which can only be resolved by removing the wisdom tooth.
- Cavities or gum disease: Another reason why dental professionals highly recommend removing your wisdom tooth is bad oral hygiene. An impacted wisdom tooth makes it harder for you to keep your teeth and gums clean. This results in bacterial growth, cavities or gum diseases.
When Should You Get Your Wisdom Teeth Removed?
Well, the most ideal time to get your wisdom teeth removed is when you are in optimal physical health. Your mental health also matters when you are preparing for wisdom teeth removal. Always make sure that you sign up for the treatment with a qualified dental professional who has enough experience in this field of work. Do you research on the treatment as well as the cost of wisdom teeth removal in Sydney, ask for recommendations from your friends and family, and discover the right expert who is capable of providing you the best experience possible.
Ask any questions you may have about the procedure. This could be about the preparation tips, wisdom teeth removal cost in Sydney, recovery steps, or anything else.
Once your wisdom teeth have been removed, there are a few things you should keep in mind to quickly recover and get back to your routine work.
- Make sure but you keep your head elevated as long as possible. This is an absolute must in the initial three days after the procedure. Even while you're sleeping ensure that your head is above the heart level.
- Never smoke during recovery, else it can make things complicated. The common effect of smoking is dry sockets, which is very painful and hard to treat.
- When consuming liquids or beverages don't use straws. This disturbs the surgical site. The act of sucking can dislodge the blood clot, which is also the reason why you should stay away from smoking.